If this is a herpes and HPV dating, community & support site then why doesn't it have the word herpes all over the rest of the website like it does on the home page?
• 30 days - £3.95
• 90 days - £8.95
• 180 days - £15.95
• 365 days - £28.95
• Lifetime - £149.95
STANDARD membership is free and will give you limited, but still great access to services such as our forum and to events. We have kept the prices for FULL ACCESS low so that everyone can get the support they need based on necessity and not their salary. H-YPE constantly strives for excellence and our promise to you is that we will continue to make H-YPE the best, most secure and enjoyable site dedicated to herpes and HPV. The majority of your membership fee goes toward improving server response time, site development costs and staff administration in an effort to keep this promise.
As a STANDARD member you will have limitations but that type of membership will remain FREE OF CHARGE and be able to:
- view profiles
- use the H-YPE public forum
- access events information and be able to RSVP
- search member profiles
- read news updates
- read articles
- view other members' Blog
- receive emails from other members
- read some of the comments made by members
As a FULL ACCESS member you will be able to do all of the above plus:
- send emails
- use two different types of Instant Messenger
- use the chat rooms
- use your webcam (audio and/or video) in the Video Instant Messenger and chat rooms
- record a video message for your profile via your webcam
- upload to the photo gallery, the video gallery and the sound gallery
- create your own blog
- make comments on blogs, photos, videos and music
- send greetings to other members
- use the H-YPE private forum - a forum for FULL ACCESSS members ONLY
- have absolute control on who sees what through our easy to use privacy settings
The procedure to upgrade from the Standard membership to the FULL ACCESS membership is quite simple.
- If you have just logged in, you should be on the 'My Account' page. You need to select 'Click here to upgrade' in the 'Account Info' area or if you are elsewhere within the site then hover your cursor over the 'Dashboard' icon (the black semi-circle) on the uppermost navigation menu, then click on 'My Account' in the drop-down and select 'Click here to upgrade' in the 'Account Info' area.
- Or hover your cursor over the 'Dashboard' icon (the black semi-circle) on the uppermost navigation menu, then click on 'My Membership' in the drop-down.
- On the 'My Membership' page you then need to click on the 'Add to Cart' button next to the length of membership you would like to purchase.
- Click on 'OK' to acknowledge the item being added to your cart.
- Click on 'Cart' located on the second uppermost navigation menu.
- On the following page, check that the membership details match the membership you selected on the previous page and that the checkbox is checked.
- Click the 'Checkout' button and you will be taken to the H-YPE PayPal page. There you can either log in to your PayPal account should you have one. If you don't then you can pay by card.
You must be referring to the avatar. To change the avatar, hover your cursor over the 'Dashboard' icon (the black semi-circle) on the uppermost navigation menu, then click on 'Avatar' in the drop-down. On the right hand side in the 'Add New Avatar' section, click on 'Choose File' and browse to the image you want to add, then select it. Crop the portion of the image you like best and either check or uncheck 'Copy to profile photos album'. Then click on 'Add Avatar'.
You can always choose an avatar from our selection on the left.
Hover your cursor over the 'Profile' icon (the icon to the right of the black semi-circle) on the uppermost navigation menu, then click on 'Photos' in the drop-down. In the 'My albums' section, click on the album that contains the photo you would like to use as your main photo. In the 'Main' section click on 'Organize'. Then in the 'Organize' section, simply click on and drag the picture you want as your main profile photo so that it is the first one on the left of the top row of the 'Organize' section and that is it. It should now be your main profile photo. Simple isn't it?
To delete photos, instead of clicking on ‘Organise’ in the 'Main' section, click on 'Manage Photos'. Then in the ‘Manage Photos’ section, check the box in the top left corner of the photo(s) you would like to delete, then click on the ‘Delete’ button underneath that section.
To add photos, in the 'Main' section, click on 'Add Photos'. Then in the ‘Add Photos’ section, select ‘Regular’ in the ‘Choose Uploader’ dropdown, then click on ‘Choose File’ and browse to the photo you would like to add. If you would like to upload more than one photo at a time, click on the plus sign in the green circle. Check the box that says, ‘I have the right to distribute these photos’ only if you are sure that you do have the right. Underneath that you must fill out the fields marked with a red asterisk then click on ‘Submit’.
You have absolute control over who sees what and can allow as little or as much access to your profile or on different parts of your profile. This can be based on individuals or groups.
You will see a little sphere in the top right of a member's image. The following colours indicates their chosen online status:
To see a view of all members currently online, hover the cursor over the 'People' tab on the uppermost navigation menu and click on 'Online' in the dropdown.
There are two IMs (Instant Messengers) to choose from:
- appears in the bottom righthand corner along bottom menu
- flashes red when new message is received
- uses colour coding system (as explained above) to indicate online status
- expands upwards when clicked on (think Facebook)
- text based only
- contains a link to the video messenger
- displays a profile picture of person you are talking with
- displays their status update message
To start chatting with someone using the Simple Messenger, they must of course be online. Look for a yellow sphere in the top right hand corner of their picture/avatar. If you place the cursor over their picture and wait a couple of seconds, a small window with a selection of buttons will pop up. If they are online then at the bottom of that window you will see the word 'Chat' with a field to enter your message. Click on that empty field, type your message and hit the 'Enter' key on your keyboard. You should be able to do this in most areas of the site with the exception of the shoutbox and the forum.
The best place to see who is online and then start a chat is by hovering the cursor over 'People' on the uppermost menu and then click on 'Online' in the dropdown.
- appears in a detached window that can be moved to any part of your screen
- audible alert when new message is received
- chat using either text, audio or video (microphone and webcam are necessary for audio/video chat)
- send and receive files
- controls for what the other person sees or hears from you are around your own picture
- controls for what you see or hear from the other person are around their picture
You are more than welcome to place the details of your party in our events section:
- you can add photos, video to promote the future event
- once the event has passed, you can add more photos and video to show everyone what they missed
- you and your guests can posts comments about the event
- you can even start your own forum dedicated to your own event too
'Profile View' is what everyone else sees depending on your privacy settings. Though of course they will not have access to the same 'Actions' that you can see in your own 'Profile View'.
You can either:
- suspend your membership by clicking on 'Suspend' on the 'Account Control' section of the 'My Account' page
- or you can hide it from everyone going to 'Profile View', clicking on 'Edit' and then changing the 'Who can see it' field under 'Edit Profile Privacy' to 'Me only' then clicking on 'Save'.
You can delete your account at anytime by hovering the cursor over 'Dashboard' on the uppermost navigation menu underneath the H-YPE logo, then clicking on 'Unregister' and then if you are 100% sure, on the following page click on the 'Delete account' button.
Please remember that deleting your account is non-reversible so if you wanted to come back to H-YPE in the future then you would have to rejoin all over again.
You do have the option to suspend or hide you account too.
One important point to consider is that H-YPE is more than just a dating site and is actually a community so if you still feel like you can contribute and help others come to terms with their recent diagnosis, then STANDARD membership is free. Obviously the choice is yours but we do hope you stick around.